We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festival in September

glassboro
2 posts
Save Topic
Festival in September

I've heard that there is a big festival in Budapest in September. Can you tell me when it is in September and the name of the festival.

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Festival in September

Hello Gloria,

I am not sure if you are thinking of the Budapest Wine festival but it is a pretty big event, my wife and I were there last year during it and it is a marvelous event.

Here is a link to many festivals occurring in Budapest throughout the year as well as to the wine festival website.

http://www.aborfesztival.hu/index.php?lang=en

visitbudapest.travel/budapest-events/…

http://visitbudapest.travel/budapest-events/

Hope this helped you and let us know if this is what you are thinking of.

Best

SEBESZ

Edited: 15 March 2013, 02:24
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,174 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Festival in September

This is what we are shooting for in 2014.

Pjk

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Festival in September

Without a doubt the Castle-based Wine Festival captures many headlines. But as a local, it simply is no longer worth attending due to one primary reason. It's simply over capacity to the point one cannot move comfortably within the gates.

My hope, which has been for years is that they will either expand the area or limit the number of guests. They have yet to do either.

So be prepared for done tight squeezes or go during the day when crowds are smaller.

Jeremy

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,411 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Festival in September

Yes what Jeremy states is so very true last year we found it to be quite packed almost to the point of not being enjoyable anymore. In others words think Taste of Chicago for any that can relate to that.

Solid advice!!!! We had gone the night before and it was bedlam 30 -40 minutes in a line to get a wine order, and as I am sure all will understand since it is true the world over and not just in Budapest. Peoples intelligence, courtesy and graciousness tend to be in direct correlation to the amount of alcohol they have consumed. In a small way it saddened me since of the many times I have been to Budapest in the last four years it was the only time I had seen several displays of total drunken foolishness and violence. (Drunks fighting)

We went back the next day since there were a couple of wineries my wife (a.k.a.the wine connoisseur) wanted to try that she did not get the chance too the night before due to the insane crowds. As we found that by going mid afternoon and getting out of there by 7 was definitely the way to go.

With that being said I can totally relate to his feelings as a city resident especially if you are not fond of large gatherings i.e. Fireworks displays, Large concerts and such.

5. Re: Festival in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:17