We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera House, III. level, Row 2, seats 7 and 8 for a show?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
128 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Opera House, III. level, Row 2, seats 7 and 8 for a show?

I'm afraid we've left it quite late to book tickets to Parsifal and the lady I e-mailed about them recommended these as the best seats they have left. We are not hugely into Opera to be honest and are moreso going for the experience and to see the Opera House. With these seats, should we be able to see some of the stage? And will we be able to pop down to the Cafe/ Bar at the interval with these tickets? Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opera House, III. level, Row 2, seats 7 and 8 for a show?

Hi hayleenaj

Are you referring to the upper level (NOT balcony) when you say III. level and if so what box will determine your view of the stage.

With that being said if you really are not a huge opera fan and the price is right for you then get them and enjoy it. The building in itself is a treasure to behold and after all ..... as you say that is really what you are going for anyway.

By pop down to the café /bar do you mean leave the building during intermissions or just go down into the foyer lobby area to grab a refreshment if it is the latter then yes of course you will.

Enjoy

SEBESZ

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,060 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opera House, III. level, Row 2, seats 7 and 8 for a show?

Someone else asked about Parsifal. In case it wasn't you, you must realize that it will probably last 5 hours.

FWIW

Pjk

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opera House, III. level, Row 2, seats 7 and 8 for a show?

Hi Hay,

Your seats (not in a box) are solid no matter which side (left or right). While I am not a massive opera fan, I go occasionally because the atmosphere is nice, the stage is usually fantastic, the music and performers are top notch and the opera house is a special place.

While I have stayed for most shows, on one occasion we left at the second intermission. You may do the same potentially, because as PJK mentioned - the show is 5 hours, 5:15 with intermissions to be exact!

Enjoy,

Jeremy

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
128 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opera House, III. level, Row 2, seats 7 and 8 for a show?

Thanks for your help. Yes, I meant in the foyer. That's perfect. And yes, thank you, I do know its five hours so have already checked and there are two intermissions so we may well leave early but we'll go with open minds :) thanks for the reassuring information.

5. Re: Opera House, III. level, Row 2, seats 7 and 8 for a show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:16