We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late Eating in Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Late Eating in Budapest

I'm arriving in Budapest on Sunday evening and expect to be looking for something to eat at around 9pm.

Will most restaurants still be serving at this time? Probably after some traditional local food too.

Jurong, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Late Eating in Budapest

I think most restaurant will end their service by 10pm and their last call will be ard 9.15 or 9.30pm. By the way you have to try the fisherman's soup or what the locals call it halaszle. Its so awesome i have to eat it twice a day.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late Eating in Budapest

Hi Scott,

You will not have issues finding solid food, as the above information is not accurate. While some restaurants are closed on Sundays, many will be open will past 22:00. Give us an idea of what part of the city you are staying and we can point you to a few solid kitchens close by.

Best,

Jeremy

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late Eating in Budapest

Hi Jeremy

I'm staying in this hotel on Mária utca - http://www.centralhotel21.hu/

A friend is staying in a hotel on Váci utca so somewhere in between those 2 places would be ideal.

Thanks

Scott

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late Eating in Budapest

Hi scott at the budget end of things jimmys kebab shop is in krudy utca

very close to your hotel ,hes a nice fella and does lovely chicken kebabs

not saying this is a restaurant, but its cheap eats near by

vaci utca is probably a 15-20 minute walk from your hotel and the whole area is full of restaurants

Jeremy has a far better knowledge than me of what is closest for the pair of you

cheers tony

5. Re: Late Eating in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:16