We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of hotel used in BBC The Lady Vanishes

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Location of hotel used in BBC The Lady Vanishes

I have an idea that this was filmed in Hungary and am trying to track the location - does anyone know where this might be?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,376 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of hotel used in BBC The Lady Vanishes

The Internet Movie Database says it was filmed in Hungary, and I found this comment...

"... the hotel wasn't a hotel at all (no weekend deals available I'm afraid) but the country villa of the last communist Prime Minister of Hungary. It had been left shut up and neglected since and was so overgrown that there might have been a sleeping princess inside! Real hotels are almost impossible to film for this period as nowadays health and safety and access requirements dominate the architecture."

Pjk

2. Re: Location of hotel used in BBC The Lady Vanishes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 06:16