We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

I will be staying with my partner at the Hotel Continental Zara, Dohany u. from June 12-17 (our first time in Budapest). I'm thinking of using the AirportShuttle-Minibusz service to get to and from the hotel. According to their website the combined fare for both of us would be 7911 HUF return (22-23 GBP); does this sound correct? I had thought it would be around that amount each as I read somewhere that airport transfers to the central Pest area were something like 20 GBP return per person.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

Hi verbrannt,

Your pricing from them is solid, and less in cost than a round-trip taxi no matter if you're taking Fo Taxi (authorized airport taxi) or another (City Taxi). If the service is solid, you may want to offer a tip - 10% is standard.

The only drawback from the shuttle is you may have to wait just a bit to leave the airport, but it varies from leaving immediate to leaving 15+ minutes. This is my experience and from many years ago...maybe some others can comment on their recent use of the airport shuttle.

Best,

Jeremy

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

Great, thank you!

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

May I know how long does it take from the airport to the Zara Hotel and how to buy the tickets?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

Hello FrankieWong0531

The fastest way (30-40 Minutes give or take) would be grabbing a cab at the airport from Fo Taxi the official airport taxi company you will see their kiosk as you walk out the doors you are looking at somewhere in the 7000-7500 HUF range and they take credit cards. http://fotaxi.eu/?Language=en#main-menu

Somewhat cheaper and a good option if you are a solo traveler would be to use the airport shuttle bus which also has a kiosk at the airport it may take a while longer to get you to your hotel but not terribly (45-60 Minutes) you are looking at the 2800-3300 HUF range and they to take credit cards http://www.airportshuttle.hu/en/

Both can be pre-booked on their websites but really No need too since you can easily arrange immediate transfer once you arrive with both.

Best

SEBESZ

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

Dear SEBESZ,

It's great, thank you.

Best regards,

Frankie

Hong Kong, China
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

Dear SEBESZ,

It's great, thank you.

Best regards,

Frankie

7. Re: Airport shuttle to Continental Hotel Zara - cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 06:20