We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel with good location

Varberg, Sweden
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap hotel with good location

Me and my father will go to Budagest for the first time this summer.

We will visit the city for four nights and looking for a cheap nice hotel in a good location.

We are visiting Budapest for geocaching in historical areas and of course for the bath.

Which bath is the one we have to visit during our stay?

Any other must to do? For two exploring swedes.

Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap hotel with good location

peter cheap is relative

by swedish standard budapest is cheap all over

what budget are you talking per night for a twin room?

in terms of location anywhere within 100m of a metro or tram stop is good because they run so well

generally inside the inner ring road is good

cheers tony

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap hotel with good location

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the City Hotel PIlvax last. We found the location excellent - it is about a 5-10 minutes walk from Deak Ferenc ter metro station where all the metro lines meet so you can get pretty much anywhere from there.

I think we paid £45-£50 a night, dont remember exactly. All in all I thought it was a great base and I am planing on staying again.

There are many `must do` attractions in Budapest - Castle hill and Fishermans bastion, Gellert hill, Heroes square, House of terror, Parliament....it is a city that just keeps on giving when you start exploring it. And I agree, for Swedes it is cheap- my boyfriend was amazed he could buy beers in the shops for the equivalent of 50-60p and about £1 in pubs and bars. I think that is about 5-10 swedish krona but I could be wrong.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap hotel with good location

Hello Peter W

Tony's advice above is very solid and extremely accurate.

You may also want to use the Budapest hotel section at the top of the page here on TA or another web hotel search provider and then use the filters to find somewhere suited to your budget and requirements.

As to baths all I can do is give you my opinion FWIW if I had to say which one is the one to visit it would be Széchenyi bathhouse, I am sure others have there favorite but like I say just MHO.

Must do's? Perhaps you could share with us any specific interests you may have i.e. Museums, music, gastronomy etc. etc. This way we will be able to guide you toward activities that will really interest you and make your trip the best it can be.

You will see that Budapest has so many wonderful options for travelers you should take a look at the "Things to do" section above it will give you a good idea as to what is available to see and do and then come back with any specific questions you may have. Also take a look at this thread it should get you thinking tripadvisor.com/…47239749

4. Re: Cheap hotel with good location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 07:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question