We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train station at airport

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
3 posts
Save Topic
Train station at airport

I've been getting conflicting information as to whether there is or isn't a train station at the airport. My dragon boat team is arriving at all different times and we need to get to Szeged as easily as possible.

Is there a train from the airport?

Many Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train station at airport

Phoebe

Sorry NO train there is a public transportation in the form of bus which will take you to the metro so you can proceed into the city. Take a look at the top questions area to the top right of this page What is the best way to get to/from the airport? And how much does it cost? it should help you somewhat.

By different times are you talking about large differences perhaps if not, you could all meet up and take a shuttle or a taxi depending on the size of your group to the train station.

Best

SEBESZ

Edited: 18 May 2013, 16:01
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train station at airport

Phoebe

Sorry forgot to add this this is the link for public transportation should you decide to go that route as well as the link for the shuttle company.

http://www.bkv.hu/en/

bkk.hu/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/200E_bejut…

http://www.airportshuttle.hu/en/

Hope this helps

SEBESZ

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train station at airport

More conflict: actually, there is a train station at the airport, but it is near the part of the airport that was recently shut down. The station, however, continues to serve a large number of trains daily and they go very efficiently to the Nyugati terminal at the Westend Mall. The same bus that would take you to the metro also stops at the train station, so if Nyugati is where you want to head then this is quite a decent option. Take the 200E bius I believe 3 stops to the station and then take the train to Nyugati.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train station at airport

Phoebe

See great advice all around on this forum but either way you will need to get on a bus and make your next connection be it train or metro.

I may have misunderstood your query but either way there is no direct train connection at the airport arrival terminal you will need to do either or of the above.

Good luck

SEBESZ

Philadelphia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train station at airport

Thanks John

Actually we want to go directly to Szeged and we come in over the course of several days. I looked at the Mav - Start website which shows hourly trains from Ferihegy to Szeged. I just wasn't sure where Ferihegy Station was.

Looks like we have to take a bus or taxi.

Thanks again, I've saved many of your posts in anticipation of my eight days in Budapest after the race.

Phoebe

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train station at airport

Yes, it's the right way to get to Szeged, and you will have to take a bus or taxi; personally, I'd strongly lean towards a bus ... it's right there, runs regularly, and the taxi drivers aren't really at the airport in the hope of making a $2 run to the train station

Philadelphia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train station at airport

John,

Just so I'm clear, from the airport we would take bus 200E to Ferihegy Train Station. From that station there are hourly trains to Szeged which we can pre-book through Mav-Start. Sorry to be a pain but I am passing this information on to about 70 other people and I want to be certain I have it right.

We can get bus tickets at a kiosk at the airport or on the bus?

Many thanks,

Phoebe

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train station at airport

You take the 200 bus to Ferihegy station. There you get a train to Nyugati. At Nyugati you change trains for a direct train to Szeged. I don't think that there are any direct trains from Ferihegy to Szeged.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train station at airport

Phoebe

oddone123 is correct here is some additional info that may help you out.

bud.hu/english/…by_train

10. Re: Train station at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:17