We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice - K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
459 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

I’ll be visiting Budapest at the beginning of July for 3 nights and am trying to decide between these 2 hotels. Opinions and advice are welcome.

Thanks.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

2 excellent regulars on this forum are from your home town so they may be able to advise you better ,but both hotels look solid

(see what i did there sebez and jeremy?)

the K and K looks more old school opulent whereas the casati looks funky

location wise they are both in an excellent location

I guess it depends on your budget and what you expect from a hotel during your stay

not much between them from where i sit

cheers Tony

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

Hey m&m,

While I have stayed at the K&K, I have not stayed at the Casati that is a fairly new property. My experiences at the K&K were "ok - nothing special". The rooms was clean and small, breakfast solid - but nothing to 'write home about' in terms of style, character, etc. It's a bit like a Holiday Inn - not in a bad way - just in a clean, non-descript way.

Both are in a great location for exploring the city - off of Andrassy which is a main street with lots of shops (think North Michigan Avenue but less so and not as many shops), a solid museum (Terror House), Opera house, solid restaurants (I.e., Klassz), etc,. etc.

I'm replying because Tony called me out.

Go Cubs,

Jeremy

Mentioned in this post
Klassz
Klassz
49 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

Thank you Tony and Jeremy.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

Hello m&m

I have not stayed at either property but have had many opportunities to step and see the K&K I have to agree with Tony's assessment it is a more old school traditional hotel option and from the looks of the Casati it seems to be a more fresh contemporary boutique style place, from what I gathered looking at their webpage.

As l to location they are almost identical being a short 3 iron away from each other on opposite sides of Andrassy Blvd. Both will offer basically the same things when it comes to that geography ease of access to transportation and some fine dining in the area particularly Klassz and Café Bouchon and many more.

I hate to say it but it really comes down to your travel style and wants and needs as to amenities and pricing a real coin toss (but not in a bad way)

Enjoy your trip

Go White Sox!

SEBESZ

Mentioned in this post
Klassz
Klassz
49 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

come on you hatters!

tony :-)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
459 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

SEBESZ, yes I think you are all correct, it will come down to a matter of preference over the style of the hotel. They are very close in price. the K+K has more rooms, the Casati is smaller.

I do appreciate everyone's input and the Chicago references.

Looking forward to seeing Budapest soon. I hope it stops raining by the time I get there.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

@Lutonlagerlout

LOL its a Chicago thing don't even get us started on the whole Gino's East ~ Lou Malnati's pizza thing

OH Brother!

m&M yes I think either one will be a good choice, do enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

8. Re: Hotel Choice – K+K Opera vs Casati Budapest Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 06:18