We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palinka glasses?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Well educated biter...
Level Contributor
299 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Palinka glasses?

I'd like to take a palinka glass set back home. You know those long legged ones. Where could I buy them?

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palinka glasses?

where will you be? among other places, the branches of the major wine shop Bortarsasag carry some ...

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palinka glasses?

I would also suggest looking at Ajka Crystal shops (multiple locations around the city). They usually carry some ornate palinka tableware. http://ajka-crystal.hu/en/shops

Happy shopping

Jeremy

Well educated biter...
Level Contributor
299 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palinka glasses?

We stay @ Petöfi Sandorf ut.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palinka glasses?

As Jeremy suggests, Ajka is very close on Kossuth Lajos utca just a block or so away from the river from Petofi Sandor. The closest Bortarsasag is on Raday utca. Also not far is Magyar Pálinka Háza, Rakoczi ut 17 ...

Basically you can go in two distinct directions: fine glassware (Ajka) or Palinka oenophile (not sure how to put it though this is a sort of mixed metaphor) ... the point is that you can be looking for fancy glass/crystal or you can be looking for something that's less about the glass and more about the drinking ... these latter will likely best be found on shops that sell wide arrays of Palinka rather than glassware.

Well educated biter...
Level Contributor
299 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palinka glasses?

Definitely more focused on drinking than fancy glassware. ;) Problem solved. Found the glasses nearer than I expected. There is wineshop called Bacchus @ Szervita tér, just couple of blocks from our apartment. Glasses under 1000 Ft a pop. Thanks for the advice.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,538 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palinka glasses?

that's a great neighborhood wine shop ... did you get a palinka porer as well?

7. Re: Palinka glasses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:16