We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Budapest

Rugby, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One day in Budapest

i will be in Budapest on September but I will have only 1 day. read many articles about attractions and monuments there but could someone help me? what I should see if I have only one day?

Shoes on the Danube Bank
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Monuments & Statues, Historic Sites
Heroes' Square
Historic Sites, Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Budapest

What interests you ?

architecture ? history ? food ?

Rugby, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Budapest

Definitely architecture and places connected with history...

Budapest
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Budapest

In this case I recommend a walking tour in the center (Andrassy blvd, Opera, Jewish district) and maybe a walk in the Castle. These areas have both interesting architecture and are historical. Can be covered easily in one day. Most guidebooks will offer walking tour descriptions for these neighborhoods.

In the afternoon you could go to Szechenyi bath to relax.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Budapest

Hi Paul, agree with Lynn about the Castle and the Bath! But the exact day of that 1 day could be tasting a festival day (Wine Festival) or a concert, etc.

Recent related threads on One day Budapest advice:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k63…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k17…

also thingstodobudapest.com/budapest-things-to-do…

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Budapest

If you want to understand a bit about modern Hungary then the Terror Museum is a must - make sure you get an audio guide.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Budapest

Will you be there on a Monday? If so, all the museums will be closed.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One day in Budapest

Good point Ugyved, true, Mondays need a different planning and itinerary. But some museums are open on Mondays too (in the Castle, e.g. the Hospital in the Rock or the Spy Museum)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: One day in Budapest

And all the religious buildings will be open. Perhaps the best day to visit them.

California City...
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: One day in Budapest

It depends on how much can you walk? I'd give you a nice plan. And yeah, you should check at a Spa.

When does your day start and when do you have to prepare to leave? Do you have a night before or after here?

10. Re: One day in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 11:35