We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budapest to krakow

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
budapest to krakow

hi,

i would be making a trip to budapest on 30/12/13, and i would like to know what festive activities would there be on the 31/12/13. I would hope to leave for krakow on the 1/1/14. Is there any cheap flights that i could take to krakow? or bus routes?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: budapest to krakow

New Year's Eve is very festive. Go down by the river and join the party. Dress warm.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, World Cup, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budapest to krakow

Hello Jumbledjo

Take the train see this thread post#2 tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k6657…

Or perhaps take a look at the top questions about Budapest section to the top right of this page under - How and where to buy international train tickets from Budapest?

As to festive activities on the 31/12/13 well it is New Years Eve so I would venture to say many, but perhaps take a look at the forum and ask your question closer to that date for a more detailed response as to specific activities.

Enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budapest to krakow

You wouldn't be able to book the train until about November anyway - it may not even run, or there may be different timings. All timetables change in early December. At the moment it costs from €49 with a sleeping berth.

Edinburgh,Scotland
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budapest to krakow

Hi all. I will be going to Budapest soon and I hope to go to Krakow after that. How long does the train actually take or would a flight be better ---if not too expensive ? Would appreciate any info.

Cheers.

Liam.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: budapest to krakow

The train is overnight so the length of the journey is neither here nor there, really, as you should be asleep for most of it.

Flying is by Ryanair - presumably you are familiar with them. It would certainly be more expensive and more hassle than the train.

Edinburgh,Scotland
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: budapest to krakow

Thanks GCEK I will have a think about it.

Cheers

Liam

7. Re: budapest to krakow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 05:17