We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-3 days in budapest before river cruise

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
central coast...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Topic
2-3 days in budapest before river cruise

deciding on land pkg as part of cruise or to do it on our own.

What to see in/near budapest if we were to arrive days before our cruise.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-3 days in budapest before river cruise

Do some research, there is loads of information on the forum.

It will certainly be cheaper to do it yourselves, and if you have done some research you will see what you want to see, not what the tour company wants you to see.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-3 days in budapest before river cruise

Budapest has great public transit, I would compare to NYC or San Francisco, maybe better than those cities. It is also a great city for walking. Riding on tour buses and getting on and off is not my thing. Go to an underground (metro station) and buy a pass for the number of days you will be in Budapest and use public transit and walk, walk, walk. Explore the many websites for Budapest and decide what you want to see in advance. I will tell you in June of 2012 we spent 3 nights in Budapest and returned this past summer for 29. Plenty to see and lots to do. Also get a city map, the HoHo bus sellers all have them, but don't ride that bus either. Those guys are everywhere and I kept telling them that the best HOHO was the trams and the buses.

3. Re: 2-3 days in budapest before river cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 05:18