We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Little Rock
Level Contributor
626 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Half Day: Monday

arrive 13:35

Shuttle to hotel

15:30 Communism walk

Castle hill

First full day: Tuesday

10:30 overview walk

Holocaust Memorial Center

Parliament tour 15:00-15:45

Am I missing anything? I don't have a lot of time but I wanted to make it worthwhile.

Thank you in advance

Mentioned in this post
Parliament
Parliament
30,886 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Culinary Hungary Home Cooking Class and Market Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Cooking Classes, Food Tours
Cold War Private Tours Budapest
Walking Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours
Guidehungary - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Guide Hongrie
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,281 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

IMO more is to be had from a visit to the Terror museum than a visit to Parliament, but the building cannot compare, for obvious reasons.

Mentioned in this post
Parliament
Parliament
30,886 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Hi ngozi,

Your plains solid and you'll likely have a nice time and get a small sense of the city. However, you are missing a long list of items, so work on plans to return for a longer stay. You might be able to schedule a boat ride after the castle district visit. They offer great views of the riverfront architecture, and as the sun sets, the illuminating lights begin to glow at the architecture. A treat for sure.

Jeremy

3. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 July 2013, 18:05
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,083 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

A wine-tasting if you could fit it in ---> tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g274887-d1…

Maybe 1.5 hours, but you should make a reservation.

Pjk

Little Rock
Level Contributor
626 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Thank you so much. You did not interpret wrong, I am a runner and have looked at the running tours. However, I'm coming to Budapest AFTER the Rome marathon and figured that I might not want to run again. :-).

I will look into the baths as that sounds like a great way to end a night.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Hi,

The thermal baths are a must, especially after a marathon :) My favourite is Szechenyi baths in City Park. But the Gellért baths are really nice too. Szechenyi costs around 3600 for a full day pass with a locker, but if you stay less than two hours, you get some money back. And I agree with Jeremy, try to come back for a longer stay next time.

Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Unfortunately there is no longer a refund system available at Szechenyi that stopped a few years back szechenyispabaths.com/is-there-a-refund-at-s…

Also here is link to the current pricing http://www.szechenyibath.hu/prices

But yes I to agree the baths are a must when visiting Budapest and do try to come back when you have another chance. Budapest is a very unique and fascinating city especially when the time allows you to really drink in....... all it has to offer.

Best

SEBESZ

Edited: 30 July 2013, 21:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

We had a similar amount of time to you, here is what we did, if you are interested:

First afternoon: lunch on Andrassy way then Heroes Square, City Park, Szechenyi Baths then took the metro back to our hotel.

Full day: parliament building (we really regretted this, so much construction, much better views from the river), shoes on the danube, walked across the chain bridge and took funicular to castle hill. Walked back to St Stephen's Basilica then had lunch and spent to afternoon in the House of Terror museum (we aren't museum people but really enjoyed this). In the evening, we took a dinner cruise along the Danube - amazing views of all the buildings lit up.

We had one more half day and we went to Margaret Island but it was really boring.

We loved Budapest, hope you have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Heroes' Square
Heroes' Square
9,590 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Little Rock
Level Contributor
626 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Thank you everyone. Please don't tar and feather me but ... (1) how do you dress for the baths? I'm completely clueless. (2) Should I book a locker or a cabin? I don't really know the difference. This is a first for me.

Thank you in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My 1.5 day itinerary -Please advise

Hello ngozi23

Basic swimwear will be fine and make sure to bring your own towel and maybe some flip flops. The locker is less expensive and is in more of a locker room environment where as a cabin is slightly more costly and as it sounds more of a private changing area, to me it really makes no difference but do what you feel more comfortable with. Both options are fine.

Enjoy

SEBESZ