We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wickford, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

I was wondering if anyone could suggest to me any nice restaurants near the Corinthia Hotel, either through local knowledge or after staying in the hotel.

I am there for a few nights in December and would love to hear about any fantastic local restaurants and also upper scale restaurants for special occasions?

Nicola.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,432 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

We stay at the Gerloczy Hotel and Rooms DeLuxe and the bonus is that there is a great restaurant associated with it. We could eat there every night if we were lazier. It's not very far from you. ---> http://www.gerloczy.hu/

Pjk

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

Hello Nicola

Not really being sure what type of cuisine or budget you have in mind here are some options that may fit your parameters. All are easily searched out on TA so you can see what others have to say about each.

Borsso Bistro - Hungarian/Fusion cuisine. Casual yet elegant and unpretentious in all manner and feel. With a very serious chef at work and IMHO is one of the city's best places and completely underrated with that being said, I think it should be on everyone's short list when visiting Budapest.

Café Bouchon a nice warm, welcoming, friendly place with a strong Austro/Hungarian influenced menu with a solid kitchen, med-high prices, good wine list, and a very knowledgeable and caring staff.

Klazz great location very good atmosphere and is a contemporary interpretation of Hungarian cuisine and can be hard to get into, since they seem to be always booked and do not take reservations.(This being the only negative)

For some exquisite dining you may want to look at Fausto's Ristorante and Osteria one of the best kitchens in all the city IMHO plus a very nice dining room creating an elegant relaxed and romantic atmosphere superior value to price ratio ... tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274887-d9…

Rosenstein for Hungarian also although it is a little more on the high end scale. The service is solid and the kitchen is top notch in my book one of my favorites in the city.

On the high end of the spectrum Onyx is an incredible kitchen many say it is more Continental cuisine but with the many local resources being incorporated into their dishes it does have a Hungarian flare. My wife absolutely loved the Hungarian tasting menu.

A newcomer on the Budapest dining seen is La Plaza Restaurant an extremely talented kitchen and nice dining room add to its charm. The tasting menu is out of this world as is the tableside made gin & tonic.

Also directly next to the Corinthia is Bock Bistro a more contemporary interpretation of Hungarian cuisine. I am not a big fan but many find it to be good so it is worth a look. I would suggest making reservations ahead of time should you choose it.

I am sure others will chime in with more suggestions but this should get you started looking and your mouth watering at least.

Enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

SEBESZ's suggestion for Fausto's is excellent if you are looking for something different. Rosenstein's is authentic but with a twist because they cook with goose grease rather than than the usual pork. A slightly different taste.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

Hi airwavesblue,

Close to the Grand Corinthian (nice hotel selection), you have many great kitchens to research. Have a look at the reviews on TA and other places to see what others have to say as well.

- Krizia. Located clothing a short walk from the hotel close to Octagon, this longtime gem is owned by a wonderful chef who is usually on site whipping up his classics as well as seasonal favorites. Situated in a cellar, and a local favorite, this 15-table setting serves excellent Italian fare. My favorites include the foie gras pasta with truffles, fresh fish and scallops. Well-rounded wine list and tasty desserts round out this favorite of mine. http://www.ristorantekrizia.hu/eng/index.html

- Bock Bisztro - located within your hotel on the street, this Bisztro, while casual in setting serves advanced dishes for the local scene along with some traditional Hungarian fare. Owned by a top wine label of Bock, the food and wine are very good and can be eclectic at times. I recommend as it is within your hotel (a adjoining entrance), but also because of the food and drink. I'd do lunch over dinner. http://bockbisztropest.hu/en/

Other restaurants further afield and upper scale that I enjoy for special occasions include:

- Comme Chez Soi. My favorite. Best foie gras in city. Small, personal setting. http://www.commechezsoi.hu/index2.html

- Arany Kaviar - absolutely wonderful from top to bottom. More than just caviar. On the upper budget end and with good reason. http://www.aranykaviar.hu/

And you also have some excellent suggestions above including Rosenstein and Fausto's with the former serving some of the best Hungarian in the country and the latter serving superb Italian.

Enjoy,

Jeremy

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

Hi Nicola

We have stayed at the corinthia 3 times in the last 2 years

1 if budget can stretch upgrade to executive level it really is worth it

2 close by "chess" in dob utca maybe a 2 min walk we have been3 times its lovely odder European food

3 zeller bistro my wife daughter and MIL all loved it

Cheers tony

Wickford, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions, I really appreciate it - spoilt for choice.

Nicola

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

Well I am a fan of Bock Bisztro, which is next door. Bock is one of Hungary's premier wine producers, and they offer wines by the glass - just ask the sommelier for a glass of what he thinks will go best with your chosen course. I have never been let down yet.

Scotland
Level Contributor
265 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

Hi Nicola,

Sebesz's "picks" aren't usually far off the mark (La Plaza, Fausto's, etc) and Evidens Bistro is another one he recommended recently, which my wife and I will be trying in a few weeks time:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g274887-…

And there's also Knrdy's high end Restaurant, particularly for meat lovers with a healthy appetite and budget to match.

Unfortunately, I suspect that your time will run out before your choices do, but that's always a good excuse for a return visit.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

We went to bistro zeller tonight and it was as lovely as they all say

It got very busy and the service slipped a little but it's definately on the money

Highly recommend you book it, loads were turned away tonight

Cheers tony

10. Re: Restaurant near Corinthia Hotel, Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:20