We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair bus transfers

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair bus transfers

Could any one please tell me where the Ryanair airport-city bus transfer drops off?

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

Thanks Helen, how long did the journey take?

Tony - it cost me £4.76.

I'm going for three nights in June and am now thinking about whether to cut my losses and splash out on something quicker.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

From what I can recall it was only €11 for two people, so pretty reasonable. When yup read ALL the fine print you see that they run to an hourly schedule. Good luck!

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

looking at it the airport shuttle seems a better option

at least you go straight to your hotel

http://www.airportshuttle.hu/en/#prices

cheers tony

East Grinstead...
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

Hi there,

I have just booked a shuttle service form city centre to the airport , can you advise me where is the pick up point please?

Regards

Tamas

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

At 3 Andrassy Street On the Pest side near the Chain Bridge

Netherlands
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

I booked a transfer from the airport in Rome to the city centre three months in advance. Until the day before the flight, I did not receive any confirmation, e-ticket or anything like that. The booking confirmation from Ryanair did list the transfer service, so I assumed it would be included with the boarding passes at online check-in.

Worst. Assumption. Ever.

It did not include even a reference to the transfer. After a lot of searching, I finally found a reference to PlusAirportline somewhere in the Ryanair Transfer Conditions. I sent them an e-mail (to their SOS mail address), explaining the situation, and received a standard reply. Included in this reply was a phone number, so I called them.

The guy at the phone was just plain rude. I explained the situation and he told me to login to their website (which I never even heard of until then). I tried to login, but got a message saying the details were incorrect. He told me I was too late, they couldn't reactivate it and he just hung up.

I'll try to get a refund, but I have no high hopes...

Conclusion: stay far, far, FAR AWAY from this company!!!! You have a better chance of making it if you just walk.

Swansea County...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

We booked a ryanair transfer from the airport in budapest to the city centre and the bus NEVER came. We waited over an hour in the cold with no information about where to go. No one in the airport knew where we should go to wait for the transfer and there was no signpost for skyline...so in the end we had to opt for a taxi. Very dissappointing...never using this service EVER AGAIN.

18. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 18:33
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

Eoin if you are travelling alone you could use the 200E bus if on a tight budget

on a middling budget the airport shuttle does a great job for around 10- 12 euro each way

the taxi will cost around 25-30 euro each way

http://www.airportshuttle.hu/en/#prices

cheers tony

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ryanair bus transfers

Hello,

I used this service last May. There really weren't any checks to see whether you were on the right minibus for the time you had booked - as long as you had paid you could get on. So I think you could pick what seems like a reasonable time and not worry if you're a bit early/late.

I think the time slots are just to give the company and indication of how many minibuses are needed.

However, like many of the other commentators I had to wait about 50mins past my booked slot, which didn't bother me because I arrived mid-morning and had plenty of time to sort out an alternative if something went wrong - I'm not sure how I would have felt standing around at gone midnight unsure if a bus was coming or not! Although if this did happen I'm sure you could then share a taxi with the other stranded Ryanair passengers into the city (which is what I was about to do when our bus turned up)!

Ps. Also the driver seemed happy to let people get off along the way so it's worth showing him the address of where you're going and he might drop you nearby - just make sure you have a street map handy.