We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a Yes or No???

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is this a Yes or No???

Royal Palace Godollo----we will be in Budapest - first time !!!--over Christmas. Thanks to all the great informative TA postings, we have a great list of things to see and do. The Palace looks lovely and I understand would be approximately a 30min train ride from the city.

Is this something we should consider seeing or not?

We love to walk all over, get lost in the city,but thoroughly enjoy touring the museums, palace,side streets, shops, restaurants and wine cellars.

Thank you,

PJ

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,082 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this a Yes or No???

'over Christmas' - please be more specific i.e. dates.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this a Yes or No???

just make sure to walk the whole Andrassy Ut street . wonderful street .

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this a Yes or No???

Remember all museums are closed on Monday, which would include Sissy's "Summer House" in Godollo. If there is not a huge blizzard going on the residence is great to explore. Unfortunately the gardens won't be in bloom as in spring and summer, but still worth a look if open. In addition the train ride is a nice way to see a bit of the countryside. How many days do you have in Budapest?

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this a Yes or No???

Sorry--we arrive on the 20th and leave the 27th!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this a Yes or No???

I guess we can play the weather issue on a daily basis and yes I imagine a train ride would be wonderful!

6. Re: Is this a Yes or No???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:17