We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

belcanto restaurant

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
belcanto restaurant

i am travelling to budapest next weekend and have been told to go to a restaurant called belcanto...just wondering if anybody out there has been and what they thought...woulf also appreciate any other eating out tips!!!

maz
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: belcanto restaurant

You will have such a great time! I wasn't in Belcanto but have read good reviews about it. Try Tom George's restaurant near St Stephen's Basilica. It's quite trendy and pretty good value. They've also got a fantastic cocktail menu! Gundels restaurant is an absolute must if you really want a special treat! Compared with Dublin prices, it's incredible value, but is considered to be one of the most expensive restaurants in Hungary - incidentally it's also deemed to be the best restaurant in Hungary and on a par with Maxims! They have set menus which include specially selected wine per course, e.g 5course hunters menu for E60 (inc wine). It's a large restaurant - on one floor there's a mini orchestra and on the ground floor a string quartet. The atmosphere is second to none and it is an unforgettable evening! Oh, just be careful, guys have to wear jackets!

Also, you must have tea and cakes in Cafe Gerbeaud which is near the bridge and on the Pest side. It is really good!!

Have a great time!

dublin
Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: belcanto restaurant

thanks so much for the great advice,,,, especially about the dredd code for grundels!!!!! are these restaurants central enough or will we need to travel a bit??? we are booked into the golden park hotel????

maz
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: belcanto restaurant

Gundels is 2kms from the Westend Shopping centre which is where we were near. I've no idea where your hotel is I'm afraid so can't be of any help there! Enjoy!

Budapest
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: belcanto restaurant

This is probably too late - but Gundel may be reached by the yellow underground and getting off either at Hero's square and walk past the museums, or at th eSzechenyi baths and walk through the park.

Gerbaud is certainly worth a walk through, but I would not miss the little hole in the wall of Russzwurm up in the Castle District. It looks pretty much the same as it did at the turn of the century with only a few tables - but pastries!!!! the only kremes still worth eating is made there.

Hope you've had a good trip anyway!