We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keleti Pu - metro

Bratislava, Slovakia
10 posts
Save Topic
Keleti Pu - metro

hello,..im gonna travel from keleti pu to airport...i was there few months ago and there was some constructions near the train station...so i wanna ask if the keleti pu metro station is out of service or if the enter is somewhere else...thanks ( sorry for bad english )

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

Hi Rusher170,

Yes - the train station (or in front of the train station) remains under construction for what seems like the 15th straight year! But no worries - the entrances remain - both in the very front or off to the right side. There will be enough people to follow to the right entrance.

And note - the construction is supposed to be completed in March 2014......when the 4th metro line opens.

All the best,

Jeremy

Bratislava, Slovakia
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

Ok thanks :) can you tell me actual price of the single ticket in metro.?.. and how it works in the metro? And how it works in the bus.. im gonna travel from the station to the airport but in night (22:40) and im little bit scared cause im from small town you know...

3. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 22:35
Edited: 14 January 2014, 22:35
Bratislava, Slovakia
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

I was in paris metro and that was very easy so is it easy in budapest too? Or its complicated ?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

Hi Rusher,

Are you planning on using public transportation across your stay - meaning buses, metro, trams, trolleys? If yes - then you may want to purchase a multi-day pass. If no, then purchase either an individual ticket (350 HuF approx €1.25) or a book of tickets. To use tickets in the metro, you will have to validate the ticket by sliding it into the multiple machines placed around the entrance. It's not difficult.

See all information here. http://www.bkk.hu/en/main-page/news

Best,

Jeremy

Bratislava, Slovakia
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

Im gonna travel from keleti station to airport.. by metro to deak fer and then blue line to the last station and then to the bus 200E ... how many tickets i need? 2 or 3? im sorry for a lot of questions but im first time going by metro in budapest... last time i was there i use taxi to the airport and that was biiiiig mistake .. and im gonna travel by metro in night so im little bit scared you know ..alone in the big city in night... (sorry for bad english)

Malmö
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

You need 2 tickets, one for metro (direct change is allowed) and one for bus.

Don't forget to validate them before going into metro and when you step on the bus.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

Or just get a transfer ticket.

www.bkk.hu/en/prices/transfer-ticket-2/

It costs 530, while 2 single tickets cost 350 each.

Punch one end when getting on the metro, and the other end when getting on the bus.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

Keep in mind the Metro stops running at 23:00 hours so your plan probably won't work. You need to look at taking the night buses.

Bratislava, Slovakia
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Keleti Pu - metro

Last train in metro

postimg.org/image/5r4dqsclf/ postimg.org/image/fs5361729/ is that right? Or its not actual timetable?