We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Budapest with a 7 month old baby. Advice??

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Budapest with a 7 month old baby. Advice??

My husband, our 7 month old baby and myself will be travelling to Budapest early next month. Since its our first time there just wanted to find a good neighborhood to stay with metro stations, trams, buses etc near by where we can cart the pram along. Also; which hotels would be practical to stay in. Walking shouldn't be an issue, but since its our first time with a baby we don't really know what to expect :)

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Budapest with a 7 month old baby. Advice??

I think you will be ok getting on the metro underground, however, most of the stations have no elevator only stairs. Most of the trams and buses you also need to step up. There was one set of trams that were newer and there was no step up from the station. I don'[t know if this helps any.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,124 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Budapest with a 7 month old baby. Advice??

we took our daughter when she was in a buggy and overall everyone was very helpful

as has been said the metro escalators are quite fast

I would suggest district 5

depending on your budget the meridien or kempinski are very central

we had no problems bringing the baby pretty much everywhere with us

good luck

Tony

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Budapest with a 7 month old baby. Advice??

Hi twentyfifths,

Budapest can be lots of fun for a 7-month old in terms of parks, the zoo, train & boat rides, etc.....if indeed a 7-month old enjoys that! (It's been a while since I was 7 months old!)

Concerning where to stay - what are your likes and budget? This can help narrow a few suggestions. In addition, I'd think you'd potentially want to stay somewhere close to a park - which is easy to do in Budapest.

Public transportation with a stroller will work fine with the two of you helping your child. While Metro Line 1 (yellow line) does not have escalators, the other 2 line (red and blue) do at most every stop - so not a major issue to worry about.

What would you like to do during your visit? This too can help us make some suggestions so you anf family have a nice stay.

Best,

Jeremy

4. Re: 3 days in Budapest with a 7 month old baby. Advice??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25