We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to rent apartment in Budapest for 2 months

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking to rent apartment in Budapest for 2 months

Hallo,

Im from Holland and im looking to rent apartment in downtown Budapest (5,6,7 or 8 district) for two or three months.Im planing to stay in Budapest between 15 may through 15 july 2014( im flexible on dates).Possibly i could stay for extra month.

Two bedroms and good location (one bedroom with additional bed in living room will be also conciderd).

Budget is 450 EURO per month (all inn).

Please contact me!

Thank you

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Budapest for 2 months

Hi Gurbko2014,

You can find some Budapest apartment listings (in English language) on http://www.xpatloop.com/ or http://www.caboodle.hu/ You may also have luck here http://realestatehungary.hu/

While you may not find specifically what you are looking for, potentially you can contact one of the listing companies as they may have more properties. And obviously, the best way to find an apartment is to look at the local newspapers or have a Hungarian-speaking friend do a search. You will pay a bit of a premium being an expat.

But know the apartment market is flooded, and many are empty - so my advice would be negotiate all you can.

Best,

jeremy

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,603 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Budapest for 2 months

You are looking for a rental term that straddles the vacation rental market and the long term market. When you specify all included, note that once you get past nightly rentals the market tends to expect that the renter will pay -- either directly or through the landlord -- separately for the common charges and the utilities, so make sure to specify that these must be included in the price as you negotiate. Also be somewhat cautious about the deposit terms and specifically about the procedure for getting it returned to you on departure if you will be leaving the country when you do. I tend to recommend to friends that they consider working with a local lawyer on reviewing the contract and setting up the deposit. That way you'll know whether you are being asked to do anything unusual, whether the contract is standard and above board, and if things go wrong you'll have someone to turn to. All of this would frankly be even truer in a NYC short term rental by a foreigner; I don't mean to suggest that the Budapest rental market is unusually predatory.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Budapest for 2 months

My opinion is, 450 EUR (140000 HUF) is not much. Single bedroom flats go for 80-100000 HUF/month, without any bills in the centre. You will only get 2 bedroom flats for that money in the outskirts.

Also, the fact that you dont want to pay the bills yourself will add a lot of risk for the owner, as he will have to pay even if you overconsume.

A quick search in district 6 showed me results in the range of 200-500000 HUF/month. In price range 70-100000, you could get about 40-50 square meters.

4. Re: Looking to rent apartment in Budapest for 2 months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25