We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Based in Vienna,flight departs from budapest at 17:30

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Based in Vienna,flight departs from budapest at 17:30

Any suggestions? Either arrive one day earlier or take bus or train to budapest on the same day?

If one day earlier, any suggestion for hotel? If same day, can I get honest fo or zona taxi at nepliget bus station? Thank u.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,210 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Based in Vienna,flight departs from budapest at 17:30

To allow for unforseen delays, be in Budapest the day before your flight.

Trains Vienna to Budapest www.oebb.at/en

Budapest taxi contact www.fotaxi.hu

Accommodation www.venere.com

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, World Cup, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Based in Vienna,flight departs from budapest at 17:30

Hello Donauprater

This is actually an either or situation the way I see it and there really is no right or wrong answer. It really depends on you and how you like to travel i.e. (a whirlwind journey or a slow leisurely pace) Both ways have their own pros and cons and can work out well depending on as I said your travel style and wants.

You could easily get a train on the day of your flight from Vienna and then make your way onto the airport since there are many trains arriving in Budapest throughout the day. The negative issue with this being that it can make for a very long rushed day especially depending on where your final destination will land you. The positive is that it will save you the added cost of a hotels night stay, the negative being that you will basically not see any of Budapest since you will literally be passing through on your way to somewhere else.

Now if you decide you would prefer to come into Budapest the day before your flight perhaps you could give us an idea as to what type of hotels you like and we can offer you some ideas and suggestions as to where to stay.

Just my two cents worth

Best

SEBESZ

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Based in Vienna,flight departs from budapest at 17:30

We think it is better to arriver one day earlier. I know Budapest a little bit, as it is not far away from Vienna. I might take the euroline bus on friday afternoon and arrive nepliget bus Station around 8 pm. From there I will take the M3 a hotel which is near one of M3 Stations. Room of that hotel should fit us all (2 Adults and 2 children aged 7 and 4). The next day we will get up late and enjoy budapest and after thatI a mini bus transfer from www. airportshuttle.hu to airport

4. Re: Based in Vienna,flight departs from budapest at 17:30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:17