We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brno to Budapest to Vienna - train, bus, fly?

usa
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Brno to Budapest to Vienna - train, bus, fly?

I'm heading to Brno in August and would like to make a side trip to Budapest. I can then either take the train to Vienna or fly. What would you recommend? Also, I've taken Student Agency bus in the past, and it's super easy and cheap. I know there's an option from Brno to Budapest, but not from Budapest to Vienna?

Thanks!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,014 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brno to Budapest to Vienna - train, bus, fly?

Yes, Brno to Budapest by Student Agency is a good option, or €14 by train www.cd.cz/eshop but you have to buy that in advance to get that price and you are restricted to that train.

Then from Budapest to Vienna it costs from €13 by train europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Trai…

The only flights between Budapest and Vienna are very expensive and it wouldn't make a lot of sense anyway as it is quicker and massively cheaper centre to centre by train.

usa
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brno to Budapest to Vienna - train, bus, fly?

Thanks. I'll look into the train options.

3. Re: Brno to Budapest to Vienna - train, bus, fly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16