We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag do comparison to Prague

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Stag do comparison to Prague

Hi,

I will also post this in the Prague forum, but what I'm looking for is someone who has been to both Prague and and Budapest.

I've been left to arrange a stag do for about 18 people for March next year out of Budapest and Prague.

Can anyone give us a few pointers - All of us are between 24-35, we'll be looking for stag do activities and great nightlife with clubs that offer a table service and yes it's fair to say we all like to party. We'll be arriving on a Thursday and leaving on Sunday.

The hotel we've picked so far is the Hilton City Budapest if we do decide to go ahead with Budapest. Location looks great and a nice standard of hotel. I have not looked too much into detail at Prague yet as it's only been mentioned today and now I'm left to do a bit of research to book this on Friday.

Me on the other hand will probably sneak off and do a bit of sightseeing, so again looking at the two cities which one would I benefit most from? I'm not really too interested in history but more so taking a few photos of landmarks.

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Hilton Budapest City
Hilton Budapest City
2,182 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

Hi Aaron,

This topic comes up every now and then - and I believe Prague has a better ecosystem supporting Stag parties. From what I have read, there are multiple companies and venues in Prague that are designed to plan and host successful stag parties. Everything from arrival management, transportation, nightlife, ballets, etc.

Don't get me wrong - Budapest is a great place to party (albeit March may not be the best time to enjoy it outdoors) and has many great pubs and clubs - it's just the atmosphere is not as liberal and built up to host stag parties, although there are a couple of existing companies that can help.

All the best in your planning,

Jeremy

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your reply. I must admit a few people did question Budapest when it was brought up, Krakow was ruled out because most of the guys went there earlier this year on a stag do. I like seeing new cities so I'm happy with any :-)

Thanks,

Aaron

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

Aaron

as Jeremy says budapest isnt really a stag destination

its a working city first and a tourist destination second

it doesn't have a strip or many drinking area as such

I have been to both on family dos and I know lads (well 25-50) that have been to both and prague was voted the best for british fellas

TBH though and i have been on maybe 15 stag dos over the years abroad my best places for stag parties are

benidorm

magaluf

butlins at skegvegas

ibiza (pricey though)

the adult entertainment in Budapest tends to be run by some pretty unsavoury characters and my cousin and his mates on a stag do 2 years ago were fleeced under duress

overall Budapest is a lovely place to take your girlfriend or family but its not party central

cheers tony

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

Tony, I would not call being robbed at knife point being "fleeced." They must have fallen in with some very shady characters in a very unseemly place. I am willing to bet you haven't heard the entire tawdry tale.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

Thank you Tony - Probably going to be Prague until it changes again!

Thanks all! :D

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,383 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

Prague is no longer a stag destination - you will find that many places won't let you in and the city is actively trying hard to rid itself of its reputation. There are some places around Wenceslas square that cater for such parties but unsavoury is putting it mildly. I would go with Tony's list above as places where you would have far more fun, and cheaper as well.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Wenceslas Square
Wenceslas Square
1,979 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

Magaluf and Ibiza will be closed in March.

We don't fancy staying in the UK and that leaves Benidorm :-/ not too sure on that one!

Mentioned in this post
Magaluf
Magaluf
Majorca, Spain
Ibiza
Ibiza
Balearic Islands, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

benidorm is pretty much a year round place

my mate just came back from a *golf * holiday there

Amstel lager was a euro a pint off the strip and around 2.5 euro on it

I was pleasantly surprised at how good butlins at skegness is for adult weekends

for around £90 each 4 people share an apartment,we went for an 80's weekend but I guess your mates would probably want 90s or noughties

it is totally geared up for hen,stag/21st,30th/40ths etc and everybody there is up for a good time

of course if you are looking for culture it scores zero

but you have to ask yourself what is a british stag party for?

all the best Aaron

tony

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,383 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag do comparison to Prague

'of course if you are looking for culture it scores zero'

Like !!