We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewish Tours

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Jewish Tours

Does anyone know if Chosen Tours is still in Operation? I think Eva Livohy was the owner and they specialized in Jewish Tours.

If they are not still around, can you offer another recommendation?

Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewish Tours

Hello briscopa

Not sure about Chosen Tours but take a look at these two threads they may help you out a bit, you can also search the forum using the keywords "Jewish Tours" and there is a bunch of additional info there too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k6214…

tripadvisor.com/…56488938

Best

SEBESZ

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewish Tours

Thanks so much! I had sent Chosen Tours an email to an address I had three years ago and didn't see anything bout them on the website. She did respond a few minutes ago to my email, but I will check out your suggestions. I appreciate it.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,419 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewish Tours

@briscopa

That is great glad it worked out for you then

Enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewish Tours

If you go to the website of the Grand Synagogue there is information. You can get a tour of the Synogague and surrounding Jewish Quarter. You can book in advance or join a tour at the Synogoue. Also on your own you can visit the Holocaust Memorial Center located on Pava plus along the River Front there is the Shoe Memorial which you can reach as well. It is between parliament and the Chain Bridge. There is also an old Prayer House-Synagogue on the Buda Side. I know how to get there but dont know how to explain the directions. If your tour does not work out you can do these things on your own.

5. Re: Jewish Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16