We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym near Welcome Budapest Apartments, Rakoczi ut 20

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Gym near Welcome Budapest Apartments, Rakoczi ut 20

Hi, we will be arriving on Sunday for a few days staying at the Welcome Budapest Apartments. My other half would ideally like to go to a gym whilst we are there, so I wondered whether there are any facilities nearby that can be used on a pay as you go basis.

Also, is there anywhere nearby where I could get my nails/pedicure etc?

Thanks as always for the help!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym near Welcome Budapest Apartments, Rakoczi ut 20

Hi gingerhdh,

Your location is pretty solid in terms of options. What type of gym is your other half after? There are a couple hotels close, or sorta close that have nice facilities. First, is World Class a the Marriott along the river. It'd be about a 15 minute commute each way with bus/short walk. The gym is nice with solid free and machine weights, elliptically, bikes, etc. They also have various classes. Another close-by gym that has solid facilities is the Boscolo Hotel, located at Blaha Ljusza ter (large square down from your apartment). This is a gym that he may not see anyone else. It's expensive while nice, but more show than first class gym facilities - but enough to have a solid workout.

Now, there are a couple of more real gyms in the neighborhood, but the facilities are more hard core than nice, and without showers that I would recommend. :) But, if that fits his bill, let me know.

Best,

Jeremy

Mentioned in this post
Marriott
Marriott
Budapest, Hungary
Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym near Welcome Budapest Apartments, Rakoczi ut 20

Jeremy

Thanks for your reply. He is mainly after weights and not so worried about facilities. Ideally something within a 10 minute walk of where we are staying so then he can easily come back to the apartment to shower etc.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym near Welcome Budapest Apartments, Rakoczi ut 20

Rather close, very local-oriented (website is in Hungarian), reasonably tourist friendly and they accommodate walk-ins, on the couple of occasions I have been there the staff spoke enough English for us to get by:

www.karolykrt.astoriafitness.hu/kapcsolat

They actually had a second venue even closer tom your address, but it appears to be gone now.

Solid workout type place, no frills, a measure of seriousness perhaps measured by the haze of sweat that wafts upward towards the relatively low ceiling...

4. Re: Gym near Welcome Budapest Apartments, Rakoczi ut 20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16