We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to stay

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel to stay

Hello! I can't seem to decide which hotel to choose. Maybe some of u can help me. :)

Here are my choices: Hotel Palazzo Zichy, Hotel Parlament, Novotel Danube or 7 Seasons Apartment. We prefer hotels that are near the sites and have easy access to transportation.

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
223 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel to stay

Between those 3 , hotel parlament is the most centered nd the safest bet from all of those, hotel palazzo zichy is almost in the 8 th district it s not the safest, as for staying in buda side (novotel danube) i think for a first timer you would be better at pest side though there is some sites close, nd for 7 seasons it has a lot of mixed reviews, so it s a hit or miss. Have fun

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel to stay

In my first trip to Buadpest I stayed in the Palazzo Z, I disagree about the safety issue. There is a part across the street where some homeless hang out mostly sleeping and yesterday when I went down there I came across a brand new Russian restaurant that had not been there before. There is nothing unsafe about the area.When we stayed there 3 years ago we walked from the Hotel to the River many times without issue. About 2 blocks behind the hotel on Josef Korut are two trams the number 4 and 6. They can be used to get to the metro 1, 2, or 3. Metro 1 will take you to Vorosmarty Square which is 2 blocks from the Riverfront. All three will take you to Deak Ferenc Ter where you can change Metro or go to the surface to take other trams or the bus #16 up to Buda hill. So finding transit from the Palazzo is possible. On return trip make a note of where you get on the tram then walk the 2 blocks to the hotel.

As for the hotel I enjoyed staying there. They had a great breakfast buffet and the staff was very helpful.

Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel to stay

Thanks for your replies. I guess it's between Hotel Palazzo Zichy and Hotel Parlament then. Both are in Pest side right?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel to stay

Palazzo Z is on the Pest Side.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel to stay

the palazzo zichy is a fine hotel be aware a church is around 10 metres away though and they do ring the bells on sundays

we stayed there 2 years ago and loved it,in no way is it unsafe and the area is fairly touristy

I havent stayed at the parlament but it is definitely much more central

for me it would be the zichy but that is just my choice

tony

Sherman
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel to stay

We just came back from our trip to Budapest and Eger. We decided to stay at the Hotel Parliament for 4 nights while in Budapest (the Zichy was our alternative) and we are so happy we did. From their location we walked everywhere (both daytime and nighttime) and had easy access to trams and trains. Wonderfully helpful staff, delicious filling breakfasts, and comfortable room added to our pleasant stay. I would recommend it whole-heartedly.

Linda

Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel to stay

Thanks linda! Hotel Parlament it is then. :)

warrington
Level Contributor
515 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel to stay

Thanks for this thread. Have been debating these too and I'm also gonna book Parlament hotel now

9. Re: Which hotel to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:16