We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

list of police stations?

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonn, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
list of police stations?

can anyone give me an english language website with a list of police stations? or at least a police station on tje pest side of the danube? i am located in neighborhood "corvin-negyed".

thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,881 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: list of police stations?

Hello Thomas,

You can reach the police by calling 112 and they can speak both German and English to help. Here's district V's main police station information. All the best,

Jeremy

1051 Budapest, Szalay u. 11-13.

Phone:

373-1000

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: list of police stations?

police.hu/ugyintezes/szerv/orszagos-rendor-f…

You can choose the district you want and it will display it. Only in hungarian.

Bonn, Germany
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: list of police stations?

thank you!

Jyvaskyla, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: list of police stations?

In May 2015 my friend got her handy stolen. Next day, on Sunday, we decided to visit the police station (the station near the parliament) to report it. One can see that Budapest is a popular tourist city: there was an interpreter, whose sole job seemed to be there to meet the tourists, to find out what has happened to them, to explain that "no, you will not get a paper stating you have reported this incident, we will do a proper investigation which will take about 2 hours", and then interpret during this investigation.

Before us there were two boys who had been arrested and were waiting for a doctor before their investigation, and a woman who had had her purse (incl. all her money, her passport and her phone) stolen.

As my friends phone was not the most expencive one and as we got instructions and an email address where she can report the incident in writing and get the investigation done later, we left for the spa. It made no sense to wait for at least four hours.

I found the whole episode interesting. It was an example of good service giving tourists a feel of being cared about and being taken seriously. On the other hand, it is a wonderful way of making the statistics look better as they really don't seem to count these "just reported but not investigated" cases at all.

Hungary
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: list of police stations?

Haha, "It was an example of good service giving tourist a feeling of being cared".

No, I'm afraid not - more like pretending to care. It's just a nicer way of saying they could care less and this happens often so just send us an email so you don't waste our time and yours - you probably won't get a reply unless it was to the main email (as most people). As a visitor, they don't really have the motivation to get involved in your case especially since it's petty crime. You'll typically be told to go away and come back with YOUR OWN interpreter unless you persist thus a few hours wait...

There are exceptions, but you won't really run into them unless your case gets flagged by someone higher up the food chain or it requires more action. I'd rank Russian OMON and others that roam the streets of Moscow far higher than Hungary.

Edited: 30 May 2015, 15:13
Bournemouth
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: list of police stations?

If you accidentally lose something or have it stolen you must get a Police Report no matter how long it takes otherwise your insurance company won't entertain the claim..that applies to accidental loss as well. Beware!!

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
45 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: list of police stations?

Wow, @ode64 that is interesting... So it seems police is the same in every country... thanks for the thoughts.

Edited: 01 April 2016, 13:49
Reply to: list of police stations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted