We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
481 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

I searched here and on other websites for info about taxi services and everywhere i got other information which confused me.

First of all, which company works at the airport? Is it Zona or Fo?

Also, how much will it coast for 4 people with 4 laguagues from the airportt to Kodaly Korond metro station?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
970 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Molad,

if it is 4 of you / all with luggage I presume as well / I would use airportshuttle.hu, they run a door-to-door service from the airport to wherever in the city, they have a kiosk at the airport as well so there is no need to pre-book.

I have just asked for a quick online quote for 4 adults and its given me the price of 6291 HUF for 4 people, which is about 28USD, so 7 each. This is an online price though, I think online prices are 10 percent lower.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 17:41
Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Thank you for the quick reply.

And will it be cheaper than Taxi? From what i read here it looks like most of the travelers didn't recommend the shuttles.

Also, do they operate late at night? We will land at around midnight.

Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Főtaxi have the offical airport contract. There's a kiosk just outside the terminal door where you ask for a taxi, and if there isn't already one queuing they'll phone one to meet your needs - lots of luggage, then a bigger car, etc . You get given a ticket which shows the estimated price and your booking reference. You pay what's on the meter which will vary depending on conditions.

Check your route on the tariff calculator :

http://fotaxi.hu/Kalkulator#main-menu

To Kodály körönd = 21.6 km = 7163 Ft ... easy !

(Someone should delete all the old, out of date taxi threads which you get under "Top Questions" as it seems to confuse people - this question gets asked a thousand times !)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Agree. Nearly all the out of date TQ's should be swept clean and up to date consolidated info on taxi/shuttle should be provided on one thread for airport and rail stations. Who's in charge of doing that?

Edited: 25 June 2014, 17:56
Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

The airport shuttle operates shared minibuses. They group people together and drop off on the most convenient route, not the direct one to your destination as you could be the final drop off. Also I gather there can be a half hour wait for the minibus as people get grouped together for a nearly full vehicle if possible.

Shuttle is worthwhile for solo travellers at under half the taxi fare, gives a smaller saving for a couple, but by the time you have four people taxi is usually the better option.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
970 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Yes, people are grouped together fir the shuttle, we waited about 10 minutes ans shared with another group of 3 /it was 3 of us /. However their price is still cheaper than the taxi, especially when shared between 4. I always travel on a tight budget you see, so a 1000 HUF saving is worthwhile for me :)

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

TimeaRose, i guess i wasn't clear lol. It's not shared between 4. We are a family, so i pay for everybody. I guess i should have write it in the first place.

Thank you guys for the info.

Are Fotaxi reliable? I mean, won't the taxi drivers drive the long way to pump the meter or they don't do it?

I heared so much about Hungarian taxi drivers and companies that i try to avoid it. But, this time because of the late hour we land, we will have to take one.

What about Zona taxi? i bumped in that name many times.

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

I got another question. Is there diffrence with day rate and night rates or it's the same rate 24/7?

Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Főtaxi are as reliable as they get - but all taxis are supposedly regulated now with standard tariff (same day or night).

Because you get a ticket at the kiosk with estimated fare, and if its significantly more, especially late at night with minimal traffic, you are entitled to kick up a fuss ... but it doesn't happen with Főtaxi.

Also route is so straightforward, straight along the airport road, Üllői út, the inner ring-road, and then back up Andrássy út ... not much traffic at 1:00am !

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
481 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Airport to Kodaly Korond

Thank you very much Laura.

You're very helpful.