We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest to Prague

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Budapest to Prague

Hi I would like to know which website i can book a train from Budapest to Prague return. Also does anybody know how much i would pay for it. I prefer to take a day train both times. Also i want to do 3 nights in both cities. Is that enough??.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,044 posts
5,329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest to Prague

Just type 'train to prague' , budapest to prague' or similar into the Search Box at the top of this forum page and you'll find loads of information on this forum about how travel between these two cities, ticketing methods and ticket prices.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest to Prague

Just use the Hungarian national rail carrier's site: http://www.mav.hu/english/

Prices will be displayed on the site for the train that suits you best. And 3 days is a good compromise, although more time in both is always nicer.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 14:50
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest to Prague

europetrainsguide.com/Advice/How-to-Buy-Trai…

You can buy outward and return tickets on-line for €19 each way - you are then restricted to particular trains. Print the ticket off at a machine in Budapest Keleti station. If you want more flexibility then you can get an 'excursion' (Kirándulójegyek) ticket which has a 4-day validity period and can be used on any train (without breaking your journey) there and back within those 4 days.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
253 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budapest to Prague

Thanks for the link to the train!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
860 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budapest to Prague

Thanks for all the info.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budapest to Prague

NB the 'excursion' ticket is more expensive at €49, but you get more flexibility.- you can also buy that on-line, just specify a return date within 4 days of the outward date. You will be able to use any train as long as it is within those 4 days.

There is also a €59 ticket which includes a Prague transport pass for the first two days.

7. Re: Budapest to Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:17