We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to be on time at the airport =)

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
118 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
how to be on time at the airport =)

Hey guys,

Have to be at the airport at 9 oclock and I am at the activity hostel in andrassy ut 1.

I was driven by a friend to the hostel so i have no idea how to get to the airport from there.

thanks in advance

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

You have 3 choices, either a taxi which will take about 30 minutes or the Metro 3 which takes you to the end of the line where you would then take the bus, if I am not mistaken it is bus 202. This could take you 45 minutes to an hour depending on the traffic between the metro station and the airport. The bus after leaving the metro station will make several stops before getting to the airport. The third choice is to contact the airport shuttle and have them pick you up. I have no idea as to the length of that trip. When I left Budapest 2 weeks ago they said that the Metro 3 was to be closed on the weekends 2 or 3 stops after Kalvin Ter up to the last metro stop which is where the bus is, so if you are leaving on the weekend you might check on that. They are supplying a bus between the 2 stops.

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
118 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

I am leaving tomorrow. So I guess i go for the metro version :) thanks

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
118 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

Is the metro 3 station at Bajcsy-Zsilinszky way?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

Hello Michael

No you will catch the #3 metro at Deak ter here is the route coming into the city from the airport just reverse your steps for going out http://www.bkk.hu/apps/docs/terkep/repter.pdf

Make sure you have enough tickets for the journey and that you validate those tickets when boarding your transport would hate to see your trip end on a sour note.

Good Luck

SEBESZ

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

You can catch the Metro at Bajcsy-Zsilinszky and then transfer at Deak ter to the M3.

England
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

Hi Sebesz

Would a 1 day or a 72 hour ticket cover the trip by metro and bus to the airport

Thank You

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

@TottenhamEngland

Sure it will cover it as long as it is valid during the time you are traveling

Best

SEBESZ

8. Re: how to be on time at the airport =)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 06:17