We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Budapest to Vienna

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
302 posts
468 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Budapest to Vienna

I received the ticket but on the ticket it doesn't give the date, time nor seat assignment what should I do.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Budapest to Vienna

Ticket for what ? train ? bus ? plane ?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
302 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Budapest to Vienna

It was for a train. I wrote to the RailEuro, and they explained that it was in the ticket packet. The information was not on the individual ticket, only name and valid dates.. Then at the very end of the packet there was 1 coupon that said it was our reservation and seating assignment. Our tickets in the USA has our name and all other pertinent information.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,811 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Budapest to Vienna

You should have bought from Hungarian railways - €13 and you pick up the ticket from a machine at the station.

Presumably you paid a lot more than this and they would have sold you a ticket that can be used on any train.

'RailEuro' is a new one on me, but personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. NEVER use third party resellers for your train tickets in Europe or you will pay a lot more than you should. Only ever use the national rail operator of the country in which your journey starts or the website of the actual operator of a private line.

4. Re: Traveling from Budapest to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18