We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigaretts question

sunderland
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cigaretts question

off to budapest tomorrow looking to brig english cigarettes back is it best to buy them in budapest and put them inyour case to go thru hold luggage and rough idea ov cost any info appreciated thanks

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cigaretts question

the price is the same in every shop and at the airport

you can pay by card now

the brands arent what you get in england but there is Band H black at around £2.90 for 20 and GV baccy for about £4.50 for 40gr

think last time in june they told us recommended allowance was 800 cigs or 1kg of tobacco

but legally you can bring what you want for your own use

we are in the EU after all

cheers tony

sunderland
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cigaretts question

so there is no english ciggies tony apart from b&h

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cigaretts question

Be aware that any 'Western' brand of fags may well have been manufactured under licence in the Ukraine: I leave you to interpret what that might mean.

Why not try local brand Sopianae ? they are not as bad as they were under the communists, but a couple of those and you might never want to smoke again........

Mentioned in this post
Ukraine
Ukraine
Europe
sunderland
Level Contributor
181 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cigaretts question

dont smoke myself bringing them back for friends

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cigaretts question

The vast majority of cigarettes in Hungary are grown and manufactured there. This includes all the Marlboro labels. The Dunhill Reds made in Romania are nearly identical to the UK version. i don't know where this myth of Hungary being flooded with Ukrainian smokes comes from. I am curious as to which labels in Hungary are from Ukraine.

Mentioned in this post
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
Romania
Romania
Europe
Ukraine
Ukraine
Europe
luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cigaretts question

i dont smoke any more but am reliably informed by SWMBO that the B and H black are smokable and she smokes embassy no1

when I did smoke the GV was just like the UK stuff only 40 grammes

tony

7. Re: cigaretts question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:15