We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is available to eat in Keleti Station

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
317 posts
505 reviews
Save Topic
What is available to eat in Keleti Station

I will be there early morning, is there a place to buy food that accepts credit card or euros. I hate to eat in the hotel before leaving its a little expensive like very expensive. Burger King o McDonald or café strudel sandwiches would be fine.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

You have posted three thread asking about "early" breakfast but not told us that means. If you give us an idea of which hotel you are in and of time frame we can tell what will be open and on your way to Keleti

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

Hello Robert H

All you mention are available options near by or on your way to the train station you may want to try Baross Terem restaurant in the station it is pretty cheap and not terribly bad food.

Myself personally would skip it and do the McD option but just giving you some info.

By early how early do you mean and by expensive what range do you feel acceptable for a good solid full breakfast. Additionally where are you staying perhaps there is a good solid option for you before you leave the hotel/apartment.

Best

SEBESZ

Edited: 05 August 2014, 23:58
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

You have asked about an "American breakfast" a meal on the train, and now what is in the train station. What do you want and when do you want to eat it? What time is your train and what is your hotel?

Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

There's a decent restaurant within Keleti ... its cheap.

If you really need a Mc Muffin breakfast, or Burger King, or KFC they're all available just north of the station (right hand side as you view main enterance from the platforms).

Happy fast food !

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

Yes ther is a decent restaurant in Keleti. The question is will be open when the OP gets there.

Berkshire UK
Level Contributor
704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

If not, no problem with the fast food options !

My local Mc'D opens 6am ... when I commuted into the London office I got hooked on Mc Muffin with egg and bacon and Costa coffee, as I sat down at my desk ... didn't do favours to my waistline !

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
317 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

Thanks the area around Keleti Station was a crusty area so because of the incertainty we ate at the hotel mucho money. My wife didn't want was to be apart for one second and didn't want me going across the street to get a burger or something. But thank you so much my stay in Budapest was made much better by your input. We made it safely to our hotel In Wien got a 5 passenger taxi from the taxis.

8. Re: What is available to eat in Keleti Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16