We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mum's 60th Birthday

London
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Mum's 60th Birthday

Hi, my sister and I are taking my mum away for her 60th birthday and I wanted some advice on what could be a nice surprise for her as a treat. She's a very young 60 so evening activity is fine, not a huge drinker and likes nice scenery.

I have booked the Fisherman's Bastion restaurant for her birthday meal, as i wanted somewhere with nice views and good food. Is this the best place for this? We are spending most of her birthday travelling from London to Budapest and only arrive at 6:30 pm but i want to make the evening and next day special for her. I don't really mind how much it costs as long as she enjoys herself. Perhaps there are some bars with nice views and live music? Or people can recommend something else that might be nice to do?

We then go on to Vienna for two days after Budapest.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

essex, UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mum's 60th Birthday

We really enjoyed our 1 hour evening cruise with Legenda. If you can find out what time the sun sets then time your cruise so that you can see the sun set over Budapest then pass by all the main sights and beautiful lit up parliament building.

We did book online prior to arriving in Budapest but it was not necessary.

London
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mum's 60th Birthday

Thank you, this restaurant looks really nice. I have lots of good ideas if where to take my mum now :)

London
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mum's 60th Birthday

That sounds really nice, I'll look into it. Thanks for your advice.

14. Re: Mum's 60th Birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17