We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

Aguascalientes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

Hello TA members,

I will be flying back home from Budapest International Airport really early, 06:00 o'clock to be exact, and I was wondering if someone can tell me if there is public transportation at 3:00 in the morning, or if is there any other reliable way, besides taxis, to get to the airport from the downtown area.

Thank you in advance!

MM

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,378 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

Hello medrano555

You could do public transportation but I am not sure where you are starting out from so see here: http://www.bkk.hu/apps/docs/terkep/repter.pdf

You can also use the airport shuttle service (roughly $12-$15) you will need to call and arrange pick up at least 24 hours before your departure date you can find more info here:

http://www.airportshuttle.hu/en/

If I was looking to save some money over a cab I would go with the shuttle service but the choice is yours

Best

SEBESZ

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
795 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

Yes, there is public transportation to the airport so early, although a little bit 'tricky'. As it's shown on the presentation that Sebesz linked, you should use night bus #950 first (either from Nyugati palyaudvar, from Deak ter or from Corvin negyed, or many other stops), then you have to change in the very suburb, at a small stop, so you have to be very careful. You should take off at Honved utca/Üllöi ut (district 18), walk about 150 meters back on Üllöi ut, and in the small side street Honved utca (at the right) you will find the bus stop #900 to the airport. You can plan your route in Google maps, you can set the exact time, and then you can check the location in Streetview, it won't be difficult in this case.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

Frankly, I would either use the shuttle bus (remembering that you have to book it 24 hours in advance of your flight), or book with Fo taxi - also in advance. I really wouldn't want to have to sort through the night busses to get to the airport.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
16 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

Make sure to use airportshuttle. Public transportation, although available, not exactly reliable at that time of the day and the route sometimes different from the one posted. Good luck.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
795 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

I've recently used these night buses to the airport at the mentioned time, it's fairly reliable, there were many tourists on these buses, nobody had any problems. I understand if someone doesn't want to spend so much money on taxi. Although I concede, the taxi has one big advantage (besides comfort): the route from the downtown to the airport by taxi is about 15-20 minutes, by night buses about 75 minutes. But certainly everybody should decide himself/herself, what is more important to him/her.

Aguascalientes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

Great information!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

MM

7. Re: Transportation from downtown to airport early morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:16