We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Parlament or Nemzeti

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Parlament or Nemzeti

Hi

My boyfriend and I (both mid twenties) are travelling to Budapest in September and have (finally) managed to narrow our hotel options down to hotel parlament or hotel nemzeti. Both are working out similar in price although parlament includes breakfast. I understand the nemzeti is better located but just wondering which one people would recommend? Is the location of nemzeti a lot better so as to justify the trade off on breakfast?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
795 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Parlament or Nemzeti

It think it depends on your personal needs, which location is better. If public transportation is important for you, Hotel Nemzeti has a better location, Blaha Lujza ter, an important junction, tram 4-6, metro M2, a lot of buses Besides that the party area (district 7) is 5 min by foot.

On the other hand, Hotel Parlament is closer to some highlights, Parlament, St. Stephan's Basilica, Danube, Vaci utca. If we see public transportation, metro M2 (Kossuth Lajos ter) and M3 (Arany Janos utca, Nyugati palyaudvar), tram 4-6 (Nyugati Palyaudvar), tram 2 (Kossuth Lajos ter) are not so far (5-10 min.), so it's not bad at all in this aspect either.

So I can understand it's not an easy question for you. Personally I would choose Hotel Nemzeti, this area is more lively, especially for young people.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Parlament or Nemzeti

Thanks for your helpful reply. Nemzeti it is then!

As for breakfast, we will likely just grab something on the go most mornings but would like to go somewhere nice on the Saturday as it's my birthday! Is there anywhere reasonably nearby that you could recommend?

Many thanks again for your help

3. Re: Hotel Parlament or Nemzeti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 06:17