We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

We will be arriving in Budapest via train at around 23:00, will taxies be at the station, or will I need to call in advance?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

Are you arriving at Keleti station? If so, there have been long discussions about the sad fact of the ever present rogue drivers. Pre-book a cab - the main, best known company is Fo taxi. Their website is fotaxi.hu - you can set the language to English for easier navigation. Pre-book online, or save their number and call them when you arrive.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 07:00
Evergreen, Colorado
Level Contributor
70 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

Thank you TimeaRose. Yes, we will arrive at Keleti. I was skimming through the section about taxi on the main page after my post. Seems like flagging a cab is not a very good option anytime of the day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
264 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

Thanks for the info! We'll be getting in very late too but from the airport and were wondering if the trains still run at that hour or if we were going to have to book a cab/shuttle.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
795 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

There are (night) buses after 23:00 from the airport. It can be a nice adventure, but taxi is easier, faster, more comfortable (especially if you have big luggages).

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

@LV Star. There is also the minibus shuttle from the airport. For two of you it is likely to be cheaper than a taxi. Yes, it will take a bit longer, but it does deliver you to your hotel or apartment, along with your luggage.

http://www.airportshuttle.hu/en/

It takes credit cards, so you can avoid changing money until you get to the center of Budapest. It also runs until the airport closes down, so will be available at 23:00 and after.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
264 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

Thank you for your advice! I'm saving that link. We have a very long journey ahead of us and when researching I sometimes forget to look at the whole picture instead of just that country. By the time we get to Budapest we will have already gone through a few different countries and will have been traveling for a few days with only one night in a hotel at that point so we have to way out the extra savings vs. the time savings. lol We'll be going around the world in March. Is it typically busy that time of year there?

7. Re: Taxi from Train to Hotel at 23:00?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:16