We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Eger at the moment

Which Eger hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Eger at the moment

As there seems to be several Trip Advisor members visiting Eger soon I thought I'd add a daily update of the weather here.

Obviously I don't have a crystal ball so can't predict the future weather conditions but I'll update this thread daily in order to give travellers an idea of what to expect.

Yesterday the morning started of quite cool but the sun came out and temperatures hit 50*c on my terrace above Eger. When I was in town in the afternoon the temperature was in the mid 20's. The evening was quite cool again and I was wearing a fleece and hat by 8.30pm.

Today is pretty much the same as yesterday. A cool start, 50*'s and a mix of sun and clouds but very nice.

Regards,

Paul.

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather in Eger at the moment

It would appear that we may miss autumn altogether and head straight for winter. Last week the weather was still pleasant and fairly mild/warm. Over the weekend however it has started to get significantly colder and we've also had several days of rain. As I write this at lunchtime the temperature is around 10*c and it's been raining most of the morning.

The weather forecast for this week is predicting snow on several days and daytime temperatures to be around 0*c with night time temperatures dropping to around -3*c.

If visiting Eger in the next week wrap up!!

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Weather in Eger at the moment

The weather remained cold during the week of my last report, however, the following week started to warm up and last Saturday the temperatures were in the low 20's. Although a little cooler now it's certainly not cold, a little rain here and there but overall what one would normally expect from autumn.

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Weather in Eger at the moment

It's been pretty typical autumnal weather recently. Not overly cold but damp and miserable. We've had over a week of daily fog that has only lifted today due to high winds last night. Fortunately there's not been any snow as yet and temperatures have remained above freezing for some time now.

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Weather in Eger at the moment

Again, not a lot to report recently hence no update.....until now. This last weekend the weather became noticeably colder. Saturday and Sunday daytime temperatures were around 0*c to -2*c. Nightime temps got down to -8*c. On Sunday there was a very light dusting of snow. Yesterday and today have been very cold with daytime temperatures of around -4*c. The next few days are due to get colder and there is snow forecast so it's not going to be pleasant if anyone's driving although walking around the town is beautiful at this time of year. The small Christmas market is open with plenty of stall selling hot food and mulled wine.

I won't report again until next year unless requested to as there don't seem to be many visitors around now.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Weather in Eger at the moment

Time for another update...

It seems that the worst of the winter is over. There's no snow left at all now and the temperatures are above freezing with daytime's hitting 10 or 11*c. However, there is a cold spell forecast for the end of next week with some more snow but this only appears to be a short blip for 3 or 4 days before warming up again. It's been raining for 2 or 3 days now so if visiting this region bring an umbrella or at least a waterproof jacket.

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Weather in Eger at the moment

Hhhmmmm, so much for the end of winter!!! We've had more snow this week and although daytime temperatures are up to about 10/11*c, night time temperatures are down to about -6*c. There's also been some snow on Thursday (about 8cm) and a little more this morning. This is very unusual for this region as spring should be well on its way by now.

17. Re: Weather in Eger at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 07:17