We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valley of Beautiful Women and driver to Budapest questions

Marysville
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Valley of Beautiful Women and driver to Budapest questions

Hopefully, someone can provide an answer to my to concerns.

#1) Are the wine caves in the Szépasszony-völgy (Valley of Beautiful Women), open year round? We will be in Eger 08 June-10 June and would like to visit this again.

#2) Can someone recommend a local driver service or taxi company that can take us (5 adults plus luggage) to Budapest on 10 June? One of our party is recovering from a broken foot (me), so the train is not really an option with carrying luggage and stairs.

We are really looking forward to returning to this lovely town!

Valley of the Beautiful Women
Caverns & Caves, Wineries & Vineyards
Dobo Square
Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Basilica
Sacred & Religious Sites
Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valley of Beautiful Women and driver to Budapest questions

Hi, yes Szépasszony-völgy is open all year round...especially in the summer. Obviously it is quieter out of season but many locals visit and buy wine here, it's not only for tourists.

As for the taxi..I'll try and look into it for you.

Paul

Marysville
Level Contributor
241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valley of Beautiful Women and driver to Budapest questions

Thank you Paul! I am glad to hear that is open year round. We went there a few years ago and absolutely loved it.

Thank you for checking on the taxi thing for me. I can not find any websites for the local services in order to e-mail them. I do have a quote from Zona Taxi out of Budapest, but I would rather do business with the local people in Eger.

3. Re: Valley of Beautiful Women and driver to Budapest questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 05:19