We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Eger

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Eger

My family and I are looking at traveling to Eger from July 28 to July 31 2013. We are already planning our trip even though it is nearly a year away. I have been looking at hotels in Eger and I have a couple of questions. I am looking for a family friendly hotel. It will be my wife and I and our two children who will be ages 11 and 12. Can anyone recommend a hotel? Also looking at the hotels on Tripadvisor most hotels are showing sold out for these dates. Are they really sold out or is it just to early to book?

Thanks,

Duane

Penzance
Level Contributor
632 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Eger

Hi Duane,I've been to Eger .But never stayed there.lf you go onto hotel.com or Booking.com. They would be able to sort out a hotel for you.They have reviews from people that have stayed at them.

Edited: 14 October 2012, 19:39
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
39 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Eger

Hey Duane,

My friends stayed at the Panorama Panzio lately and they said it is a very elegant and reasonably priced place. Check it out and try to e-mail them or find them on an online booking place (Agoda, Booking, Tripadvisor etc.). Unfortunately, their homepage is only in Hungarian and I am not sure about the family rooms:

http://www.panoramapanzio.hu/panorama_panzio

Eger is relatively a small city so book anywhere and still most of the attractions will be in walking distance. You can try to find a comfortable hotel around Egerszalók as well. There is a famous spa there what your kids will enjoy for sure.

I am sure that the hotels are not fully booked yet, simply they did not uploaded their next years' prices. Check again in December or January.

Hungary
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Eger

@Shabba

There's an English Flag. :)

- www.panoramapanzio.hu/index.php?lang=eng

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
39 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Eger

Totally missed it :) Thanks!

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Eger

Your best bet is probably the Hotel Eger-Park, the largest and just about the most popular hotel in town.

5 minutes walk from both the town centre and the thermal pools.

http://hotelegerpark.hu/en/

Their website isn't the best but you'll get all the info you need if you e-mail them.

If you want self-catering then my b-i-l and his family have stayed at the Aphrodite apartments several times and they're right in the heart of the town .

szallasmania.hu/eger/afrodite-apartmanhaz

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
20 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Eger

Thanks to all who responded. I ended up booking a triple room with an extra bed at the Hotel Romantik.

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Eger

It's a really central hotel and I haven't heard anything bad said about it so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Pella, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Eger

we will be visiting Eger in march of 2013, coming in on a Sunday morning and leaving on Monday morning. We were wondering if it would be best to stay at the Kulacs Csarda Panzio by the Valley or something like the Senator Haz near the town square. Are the wineries open and is there much going on in the Valley in March?

thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,631 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Eger

The Szenator could not be more central, and used to have a very good restaurant (tho I haven't been for about 5 years)..

10. Re: Hotels in Eger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2016, 09:15