We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tasting in Eger with dinner for a group of 16 persons

Budapest, Hungary
3 posts
Save Topic
Wine tasting in Eger with dinner for a group of 16 persons

In march I am organizing a trip for 16 persons to Eger. We will drive from Budapest and arrive on Friday the 15th of March.

On Saturday 16th I'd like to do wine tasting and a dinner with our group. The first night we will dine in a restaurant, so I think I'd prefer to do the Wine tasting in a wine cellar at the Valley of Beatiful Woman (I also like the atmosphere) However, I'd like to also have dinner with the Wine tasting for our group.

Can anyone suggest a good Wine cellar where to do the wine tasting with a good dinner?

- JE

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
4 replies to this topic
Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine tasting in Eger with dinner for a group of 16 persons

I can recommend the Juhasz pince but it's not in The Valley. They have some excellent wines and cater for groups with a wine tour, tasting and meal.

Budapest, Hungary
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine tasting in Eger with dinner for a group of 16 persons

Thank you very much for answer..

Is there any place you would reccomend in the Valley for wine-tasting without the dinner (maybe some snacks/cheese) or do you think that Juhasz Pince is a better alternative enven without the prerequisite of a meal?

(the reason I am asking is due to the fact that out "Penzio" lies at the entry to the valley)

- JE

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine tasting in Eger with dinner for a group of 16 persons

Oh I so wish I could remember the name of the wine cellar we went to. However, a bit too much wine has rendered my memories of that evening rather... foggy. All of the cellars in the valley, iirc, had their menu's posted outside, so you should be able to pick the right one before spending a lot of time there.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine tasting in Eger with dinner for a group of 16 persons

The Feherszarvas (White Stag) located right in the old part of Eger can easily accommodate your group in a terrific setting. Read the reviews and you will see they have a vast array of wines as well as a main course for every taste. A real Hungarian experience.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274891-d1…

If you are looking for the best of the best, the Korona Borhaz outside of town can accommodate your group for wine tastings, tours of the vineyards and cellars, lunch, dinner as well as apartments for your stay. Excellent in every way.

http://www.koronaborhaz.hu/index-2.php

Edited: 04 July 2014, 18:32
Reply to: Wine tasting in Eger with dinner for a group of 16 persons
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted