We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heviz in february

Which Heviz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Heviz in february

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what's Heviz like in February? I'm thinking of taking my mom, who seriously needs to relax and improve her health, to Heviz. Now, I've read that the water temp is fine throughout the year, but I'm finding it hard to imagine how it is to get out of the lake with the cold weather outside... and then walk back to your hotel? as you won't be sunbathing I guess;) Or is the water at the spa hotels and their pools just as healing?

THanks!

Miskolc, Hungary
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Heviz in february

I guess it's the indoor bath which remains open round the year. You are absolutely right, given the fact that right now it's -7°C around there plus the chilling wind. It wouldn't do good for anyone's health, especially not after immersing into a 27°C hot water. Anyway, check out this website:

http://www.heviz.hu/en

Greater London...
Level Contributor
393 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heviz in february

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Heviz, cold and snowy and nothing to do other than the lake or dentistry.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
393 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heviz in february

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Heviz, cold and snowy and nothing to do other than the lake or dentistry.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heviz in february

What did you expect from a tiny city?

Edited: 03 February 2015, 21:10
Greater London...
Level Contributor
393 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heviz in february

I didn't expect anything else, I was answering the posters query.

Budapest
Level Contributor
37 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heviz in february

The thermal lake spa is open all around the year and the building is heated. So, there is no problem with cold weather even in Winter.

http://www.spaheviz.hu/en/

Some of the hotels in Hévíz have their own thermal water spring, so they also offer treatments and therapy for their guests, just check it on the hotels' websites.

Winter in February can be really cold in Hévíz, but you can not predict in summer the weather in next February :) The town is tiny, it's true, but the hotels and tourist offices offer different cultural and other programmes for the visitors, even in Budapest and Vienna.

7. Re: Heviz in february

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2016, 07:18