We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keszthely information

South Africa
2 posts
Save Topic
Keszthely information

I wonder is there such a place in Hungary.I already booked 2 weeks via RCI..knowing very little about the place. Every thread on this place I try to access gives a "this page cannot................."I would like to find general info on the place...what is there to do ? The only things to do in the rest of Hungary seens to be a endless number of musuems to traips thru. Surely this cannot be all there is in this place Please help Im now cobsidering cancelling the whole lot in favour of anorger destination

Montym

Festetics Palace
Architectural Buildings, Castles, Historic Sites
Helikon Castle Museum
Castles, History Museums
Balaton Museum
Speciality Museums, Art Museums
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Keszthely information

The town exists :))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keszthely

http://www.keszthely.hu/

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keszthely information

and jolly nice it is too.

You are not far from Heviz, where there is a spa in a volcanic lake, a very pleasant place to laze away a day.

The Festetics Palace is also worth a visit.

Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Keszthely information

Greetings Montym,

I was just on line w/ RCI checking Keszthely out also. I found alot of info at www.abbaziagroup.com

Have a lovely time.......we're going in June

Pease be your journey

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keszthely information

we went a couple of years ago and it was lovely. we stayed ina little house on a campsite but i can't remember the name, think it began with z. the town itself (pronounced kesstay) is beautiful and it was so cheap, it cost about £7 for a 3 course meal. not much of a beach to speak of, having been to the bottom of lake garda where there are beaches i expected something similar but it was more of a park with water. the food was lovely but nearer to the lake there were loads of flies/ midgies and you couldn't go out and leave the light on or the window was full of them.

it was a step back in time, many of the cars were older than i am! the people were lovely. the roads aren't up to much, no dual carriageways and i think there was only one motorway, it took us 3 hours to do 90 miles. if you want a real wind down place this is it. the palace is lovely too.

5. Re: Keszthely information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 06:31
Get answers to your questions about Keszthely