We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dobogoko

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dobogoko

I have a possibility to spend some days in Dobogókő. Is this in the VISEGRAD area? I would like to use this stay to go hiking from Dobogókő to the hills of Visegrad. Are paths good? How high are the highest Visegrad mountains? Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dobogoko

Hi, Dobogoko is about 15-20 Km from Visegrad hiking over the hills but a lot more by car as there are very few roads in this area so you need to do a long detour. The group of hills are called "Pilis-Visagrad Hills" and Dobogoko is in the "Pilis" part.

There are signposted hiking paths everwhere as this area is maintained quite well for tourism. The highest hill is 756 m and also called Pilis.

Two suggeestions: a. by a good map b. do not miss the Ram-szakadek "canyon". It is small and not so spectacular as you might imagine :-), but it can be added to a nice itinierary from Dobogoko.

I've been exploring this area for a few months now so if you have furhter questions I'll try to answer them.

Budapest
Level Contributor
215 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dobogoko

Hello,

I've made you a link from a hungarian homepage that shows you hiking trails for this area.

www.turistautak.hu/maps.php…

On the bottom-left you'll find Dobogoko and on the top-right corner Visegrad.

This area is a very common hiking area for people living in Budapest so at the weekend it could be sometimes more crowded. But it's a very nice are, I agree with coquebp you shouldn't miss the Ram-szakadek as it's very beautiful and interesting place.

Dora

3. Re: Dobogoko

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 02:21
Get answers to your questions about Visegrad
Recent Conversations