We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night ride to the airport

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Night ride to the airport

Hi guys,

We're arriving to Bratislava tonight and will aim to take a night bus N61 to the airport (our flight leaves at 7am) from train station. I read u can't buy tickets from a driver and it's unlikely we'll have any euro coins to buy from machines. Wheres the good place to buy 0.9eur tickets around the bus or train station? Much appreciated any help!

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
6 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
181 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night ride to the airport

Most ticket dispensers now accept credit cards as well. Hopefully you find one of them.

Not sure about your phone, but you can also get tickets via SMS.

Send a sms to 1100 and you should be charged automatically, and get a reply telling you that you have a ticket and from what time to what time is valid.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night ride to the airport

Awesome, didn't know own about the SMS. Do I need to type anything in the message or send an empty one? I assume one sms - one 60min ticket for 0.9€?

Bratislava
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
329 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night ride to the airport

If it works, send just an empty SMS. In my iPhone it is not possible so I use only one letter. You will receive SMS confirmation. Maybe, International code 00421 is needed? Not sure

Slovakia
Level Contributor
253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night ride to the airport

I am pretty sure the SMS thing is only for people who have Slovak phone provider

Level Contributor
363 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night ride to the airport

SMS ticket works only for slovak numbers. Machine accepting debit card (ideally contactless) is just on platform - there are 4 of them. Alternative is to withdraw money from ATM, which is located in train station (f.e. 10-20 euro) and buy ticket in kiosk. Other option is buy ticket at DPMB kioks, but operating hours are probably not OK for you

http://www.dpb.sk/pre-cestujucich/predajne/

6. Re: Night ride to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2018, 11:29

Reply to: Night ride to the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted