We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in bratislava/vienna

Which Bratislava hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in bratislava/vienna

hi,going in november for 3 nights.2 nights in bratislava and 1 in vienna or 2 nights vienna and 1 bratislava? recommendations please.arriving at 6pm bratislava airport.my trip will consist of seeing the major sights,taking in the cities and cultures.then food and some beers at night!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in bratislava/vienna

Definitely 1 night in Bratislava & 2 nights in Vienna. Stay overnight in Bratislava (better deal on dinner & accommodation, IMO), then the next afternoon take a train or bus to Vienna.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in bratislava/vienna

Vienna has more sights but they are big and require a good few hours. Bratislava has many smaller attractions, beer is half the price and the city feels "warmer" in my opinion. It's only 50 mins by train so you could play it by ear

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in bratislava/vienna

i am thinking now of 2 nights in vienna and 1 in bratislava.spending first 2 nights in vienna.then get mid afternoon train to bratislava and spending full day/night there also having some of the next day too.what ya thinking? although having some probs finding bus connection from brat airport to vienna centre,i believe terravision coach not running any longer.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,398 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights in bratislava/vienna

There are other buses that go from the airport to Vienna http://www.airportbratislava.sk/51/54.html (ignore the Terravision link)

Edited: 09 July 2011, 19:14
Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 nights in bratislava/vienna

cheers! decided on first 2 nights in vienna and then 1 in bratislava,hotels just sorted.i am making bit of headway re transfer to vienna.i arrive at 18 00 and i hope to get to vienna somehow! i am sure it will work out!

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
44 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 nights in bratislava/vienna

there is far more to see in vienna than bratislava!

bratislava actually can be done in a quick afternoon ;)

7. Re: 3 nights in bratislava/vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 00:16