We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folklore Festival experience

Which Bratislava hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Folklore Festival experience

I just visited Vychodna this past weekend for their folklore festival. I enjoyed it very much.

Traveling 6-7 hours from Prague back to back weekends doesn't seem to be a good ideal.

I suppose that the Detva festival is very similar in its offering to Vychodna? Does anyone have personal experience with the Detva or other festivals?

thanks

Slovakia
Level Contributor
94 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Folklore Festival experience

I have never been to Detva festival, but my friends like it, and it is very similar to Vychodna. I can recommend you Janosikove Dni - festival is well know among Slovaks and tourists. The festival is held in Terchova and this year is starts on 26. - 29. July 2012 . They are celebrating also 50´s anniversary so should be big celebration. They host people from different countries such as Denmark, Czech republic, Sweden, Croatia,...

Tickets:

€ 15 - pass (Friday - Saturday - Sunday)

€ 8 - one-day ticket (Friday)

€ 8 - one-day ticket (Saturday)

€ 5 - one-day ticket (the main program on Sunday)

The website is not in English: http://www.janosikovedni.sk/2012/index.php

2. Re: Folklore Festival experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:45