We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vienna-Bratislava-Vienna by bus

Finland
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vienna-Bratislava-Vienna by bus

I'm coming to Bratislava in July via Vienna and got a bit confused after looking at the bus timetables. I've looked at Eurolines.at and Eurolines.sk and their times are different from each other. Is this true, I mean are there so many connections between Vienna and Bratislava? Do I need to book the tickets in advance or where/when?

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Bratislava Day Trip from Vienna
496 Reviews
from US$63.90*
Private Bratislava Day Trip from...
3 Reviews
from US$118.30*
Free Cancellation
Local Secrets of Bratislava Small...
16 Reviews
from US$74.50*
Free Cancellation
Slovakia
Level Contributor
58 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vienna-Bratislava-Vienna by bus

Hi,

I don't thing you need to book ticket. As I know there is a lof of connections, for example only from Wien, flughafen (airport) to Bratislava is bus every hour. You can travel by train as well, look at www.kvc.sk (also in german and english). For bus try www.cp.sk but unfortunately only in slovak. small dictionary:

odkial - from

kam - to

cez - via

cas - time

prichod - arrival

odchod - departure

bez prestupov - directly

vyhladat - search connection

vymazat - delete

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Slovakia
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vienna-Bratislava-Vienna by bus

You have to go to eurolines.sk -> English version -> Timetable -> International Coach Line Services -> 102806 Bratislava-Vienna.

The times are right. All bus-times are available for July. Exceptions are only for Christma's and New Year's Eves.

Your bus airport stop in Vienna is : Wien,Flughafen Wien.

Your end bus stop in Bratislava is: Bratislava,AS.

You don't need to book tickets in advance, you can buy in office in arrival level

(See viennaairport.com/jart/prj3/via/website.jart… and click at arrival level) - it is in the opposite and nearby "Books and News" or depending on your arrival time by bus driver too. But when the bus is full, you need wait for the next one. But I take this bus every time of my holidays about 15 years and only one time it was like this.

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
NZ
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vienna-Bratislava-Vienna by bus

We have just come back from Bratislava and travelled to Vienna for the afternoon on the new Twin City Liner which is a newly introduced boat service that travels the Danube between the two cities. The trip took about an hour and a half going up river against the current and then about an hour back. Very pleasant trip. We were told that there are regular train services between the two cities as well and also other boat services.

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Twin City Liner
Twin City Liner
313 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vienna-Bratislava-Vienna by bus

Besides Eurolines, there is another bus company that is cheaper, but doesn't go as often. See their website here:

http://www.blaguss.sk/ba_wien.php

The site is only in slovak and german, but you should be able to get the information you need from there.

Novy Most is a bus station in central Bratislava (not the same as Bratislava AS, where the Eurolines busses stop)

You do not need tickets in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
5. Re: Vienna-Bratislava-Vienna by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 15:15