We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December weekend

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
December weekend

Hi

My husband and I have booked a weekend in Bratislava early December, any must do activities while we are there? We've read about the Christmas market so that's on our to do list and a walk around the old town. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited: 23 October 2013, 20:08
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December weekend

Hi Cazni,

Christmas market at Hlavne namestie (square) has a unique atmosphere, do try some mulled wine, it's nice and warms up as the winters can get really cold. :-)

Bratislava is not that big but it's nice, the Old town is one of the few must - the Castle offers nice views, you can walk by the riverbank, have a nice dinner and a local wine at some of the restaurants on Hviezdoslavovo square. Slavin - the Soviet War Memorial is also an interesting place to see, you can take a boat ride to the ruins of Devin castle....

I hope you enjoy your trip to Bratislava.

Zuzana

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December weekend

If you fancy about arts, the Slovak National Theatre has some programs for winter. I have not tried yet but reputation is not bad.

http://www.snd.sk/?301&mesiac=12

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,547 posts
5,703 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December weekend

>>>My husband and I have booked a weekend in Bratislava early December, any must do activities while we are there?<<<<<

Here is a list of the attractions that we most enjoyed during a weekend trip back in March. Have a browse if useful.

Weekend in Bratislava (what you can see/do)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i37587-Weekend_…

Enjoy Bratislava.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December weekend

Thanks so much for your advice, I'll take a look at the links and get a rough itinerary together and then go with the flow :)

Edited: 03 November 2013, 12:40
5. Re: December weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 06:19