We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a long run in Bratislava (approx 30km)

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
107 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Need a long run in Bratislava (approx 30km)

Hi all,

I'm running a marathon in England in April and will be well into my training by the time I visit Bratislava in mid February. I saw a post on here from 2007, but things might have changed since then.

Can someone please recommend a route I could run for around 30km starting in Bratislava old town please? Ideally along the river (if that's possible) or an out and back round to minimise the chance of me getting lost.

Even better if someone happens to know a running group in Bratislava that would be ideal!

Thanks in advance.

Zilina, Slovakia
Level Contributor
176 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a long run in Bratislava (approx 30km)

Here you can find routes in Bratislava - best for you should be trail Bratislava - Cunovo

www.mapmyrun.com/sk/bratislava-bratislavsky/

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
107 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a long run in Bratislava (approx 30km)

I can confirm for anyone else heading to Bratislava that the Bratislava - Cunovo path is absolutely fantastic. It was helped by EU funding and is long flat and straight. I ran for 16km from Bratislava old town accross the river and then turned left running along the Danube. The path then merged with the Cunovo cycle path and I just continued on and on. I got to 16km and turned around, lovely! It was my longest run of my life and totally perfect as I didn't need to worry about navigation and was easy (comparitively) on my legs as it was totally flat.

On a side note I can imagine this would be perfect for the more cultured stags coming accross from Britain (or elsewhere). On a nice day you could hire bikes in Bratislava and cycle for about an hour along the path before turning back. Then you could stop at a few (or all) of the bar/restaurants which line the route (probably 10 in all just in the space of 16km) which have outdoor seating and I can imagine great fun in summer.

Wien, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
3,745 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a long run in Bratislava (approx 30km)

Or you participate in any of the races in Bratislava

https:/…index.html

There is even a sight seeing run

https://www.bratislavamarathon.com/en/csob_bratislava_marathon/csob_bratislava_marathon_2014/news/index.html?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=558&cHash=017fc2f659ab92b8ff112815b6061a99

I was there for the Marathon weekend and the Ladies run in 2013 and will come back this April for the Desiatka.

4. Re: Need a long run in Bratislava (approx 30km)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18